Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Anti-Bullying Week

Greetings Earthlings,

    So, if you don't already now, the past week has been Anti-Bullying Week. At my school, we spend the week taking one period out of our day each day and having an assembly on bullying. A lot of people found it stupid, but it really got me thinking.

    So, if you couldn't tell by now, I'm a nerd, a hardcore, insanely crazy, dorky, geeky, bad-ass nerd. That's right people, this may come as a surprise to you (not.) but I watch My Little Pony, I spend my time doing anti-social things like blogging (i'm actually at a friends's house right now, if that helps plead my case) and I am a frequent role player. And yet I have never really be bullied. Sure, I've had the odd taunt or diss. But I can pretty much say nothing drastic in terms of bullying has ever happened.

    It's not that bullying is just not relevant in my life, bullying is present at my school for sure, just this year a boy I had known since grade two left because of his constant taunts. It's frightening for me how people take their lives and stop feeling happy or included, people skip school because they're afraid. And it's horrible.

    That's not to say you should stop being yourself to fit in and avoid being bullied. You have to stay strong to who you are, no matter what happens in your school years. That's what I do, I mean c'mon people, the unicorn hat, how could you insult the unicorn hat?!

    Alright people that's all for tonight, sorry my post was kind of short. Leave a comment about your opinion on bullying and if you've ever been bullied, your experience. Thanks for staying awesome guys :)

DFTBA
Olivia :D

   

3 comments:

  1. I've never really been bullied, but I find bullying awful and stupid. Why would you even do it? Does it make you feel powerful or something? I think it's the most idiotic thing ever. Hmph. Poor boy who-I-will-not-disclose-the-name-of. I feel awful that I never really reached out to him.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I dunno. People are now treating bullying like racism. Instead of "I like that black shirt on you" "RACIST!!!" It's "Aw, look who got a cut" "BULLY!!!" I'm glad Mrs. Dewar spoke about that. People really were acting like idiots. Olivia, I'm looking at you rambling on about My Little Pony, looking at your profile picture, the caption (I'm a nut) and I'm thinking about your unicorn hat. Something has to give.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something has to give? Wait, what are you implying?

    ReplyDelete